1.30.2010

The Five Love Languages

gary_chapman.jpg

I read this book during the first year of our marriage and let me tell ya- it is a great book. You sure do learn to understand yourself, your spouse and others in a whole new light. Well, Chris wanted to read it but he is not one to just pick up a book and start reading it. So, when we heard that our church was offering the class on Sunday mornings we decided that it would be great to go through together and also a great way to meet couples our own age (something thats rather difficult here in Niceville).


Last week we took the profile test at the end of the book and were surprised with our outcome. I have always thought that my love language was words of affirmation-- but guess what? Words of affirmation was #3 for me. My primary love language is Physical Touch- who would have thought? It's funny because now Chris and I look back over the past several years and can see examples of my primary love language shining through. Now on to Chris' love language. I have ALWAYS thought that his primary love language was physical touch, but he thought his love language was words of affirmation-- which I can totally see, too. Well, drum roll please..... his primary love language is Physical Touch!! According to the book it is extremely rare that a husband and wife share a primary love language, but it does happen. Well, I guess Chris and I are a rare couple.


Abby's Love Languages:

1. Physical Touch

2. Quality Time

3. Words of Affirmation

4. Acts of Service

5. Receiving Gifts


Chris' Love Languages:

1. Physical Touch

2. Words of Affirmation

3. Quality Time

4. Acts of Service

5. Receiving Gifts

No comments: