It hit me that my baby girl is almost a year old and I have no idea where the time has gone. The more that I think about her first birthday being less than 2 months away the more emotional I get. Why do our babies have to grow up so quickly?
Kinsley is without a doubt, the sunshine in my life. Her smile reaches her eyes every.single.time and the way she scrunches up her nose with each smile make her smile infectious. She is into absolutely every thing and she sure knows how to keep her mommy busy; but I wouldn't trade these busy, baby chasing stages for anything.
- has the most beautiful blue eyes
- is into everything
- is pulling up
- crawls on all fours
- loves to eat! Takes 4 (6-7 oz) bottles a day and baby food 3x/day. I'm also giving her whatever I am eating at the time. I didn't do that with Avery- I always made her something else, and that might be why she isn't the best of eaters. Kinsley, on the other hand will eat anything I put in front of her.
- takes swim lessons and is a water baby for sure! Even though she is only 10 months, she can understand "kick" and "find the wall".....
- her hair receives comments on a daily basis..... multiple times a day! It sticks up all over-- it doesn't matter if I wet it throughout the day and try to comb it down, within minutes its sticks right back up. Duck Fluff- as many people refer to it as. It's the SOFTEST hair I have ever felt. I only wish I could style it like that! haha!
- wears 9 month clothes, but they are quite snug on her.... 12 month clothing is in the not too distant future.
- wears size 3 diapers
- still loves bath time (water baby!!!)
- loves her big sister and is always watching her or chasing after her.
- gets away with a lot more than Avery ever did! (Second Child Syndrome!)
- Has some separation anxiety
- can sign "more", but she typically prefers to YELL if she is not getting fed fast enough. I don't really know how to break this habit and it drives her daddy crazy. Eating out is just not very respectful to others during this phase.....
- waves "hi" and "bye"and can say "bye-bye" and "ba-ba"(bottle)
- is encouraging mommy and daddy to baby proof our new house on a daily basis by getting into everything..... one of these days we might actually baby proof and mommy won't be such a nervous wreck anymore!
If you haven't heard of "The Busy Homeschool Mom", I suggest you check out her blog! I was just recently introduced to this blog and with the few free minutes in my day I have been reading her different posts. I find them to be extremely encouraging and thought that you moms.... (and dad's!) might enjoy them as well.
Weight: 18lbs (25-50%)
Height: 27 1/4 in. (25-50%)
Head: 17 (25%)
- claps her hands
- gives the best hugs
- loves to play with Avery and Bailey and is interacting more with them each day
- "swims" across the floor on her tummy or rolls to the place she wants to be.
- can get into a sitting position on her own
- started her first swim lessons on April 1st. and LOVED it. She is a water baby for sure!
- Kicks and squeals whenever she hears the bath water turned on. She loves bath time and takes every bath with Avery. It's sometimes very difficult to bathe her because she is ALL OVER the tub!
- Has the best laugh when tickled
- Is officially weaned from breastfeeding. The day after she turned 9 months was the last nursing period for us.
- Drinks 4 (6-8 oz) bottles of formula daily and eats 3 containers of baby food each day.
- Typical schedule for Kinsley at 9 months: (boring for you, but neccessary for mommy to remember!)
6:30- wake up
7:15-7:30 - mommy gets her out of bed
7:30-8am - Bottle and fruit
10-12- nap (some days she doesn't go down 'til 10:45-11 depending on our day)
12pm- bottle and veggie
1:45-3:30/4pm - Nap (same time as Avery)
6pm- baby food dessert or veggie
- Is really trying to pull up. She can get up on her knees but can't quite pull herself into a standing position yet
- We've had to lower her crib since she is trying to pull up
- Weighs more at 9 months than Avery did at 12 months!
- Can hold her bottle by herself as long as she is laying down
- Wears 9 month clothing or 6-12 clothing
- Wears size 3 diapers
- Had another double ear infection at her 9 month check up
- The Dr. heard a heart murmur at her 9 month appointment, also. The Dr. is not concerned and said this is VERY normal, but I was still pretty emotional that day. We go back in a couple of weeks to check on her heart and ears.
- says "baba" for bottle
- occassionally waves hi and bye and I'm pretty sure she is trying to say "bye-bye"
Kinsley Rae- you are truly a blessing in our lives and we love you so much. Thank you for always bringing a smile to our faces and lighting up our lives daily. We thank God for you every day!