A busy few weeks.

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind for us. Some of my co-workers took Chris and I out for dinner as a going away party on November 24th. We went to a Mexican restaurant (our favorite!) and had a wonderful time just eating and hanging out with everyone. Thank you all for everything you have done for me!

That following Wednesday, Chris and I drove the long 8 hour drive to Destin, Florida for Thanksgiving with my family and the Bowers. We got there around 1am on Thanksgiving day and after saying a quick hello to those who were still awake we finally were able to get some sleep. Our Thanksgiving meal was absolutely delicious - thanks mom and Aunt Sheri! They always work so hard for the family. The girls always have a tradition of being at the stores at 4am on Friday morning to start the shopping, but things were a little different this year. We learned that the outlet mall was opening at 10pm on the night of Thanksgiving and so we decided to shop from 10pm till 3am then go home and sleep till 7am and shop again till noon on black Friday. Yes, I know you think we are crazy, but it is such a fun tradition for all of the girls to spend time together and shop! :) We also celebrated Christmas with the Bowers and enjoyed about 8 hours of football on Saturday. We left on Sunday to go back to Augusta and what should have taken us 8 hours took us 10. Chris and I had such a great time and hated to leave, but knew that the next week was going to be just as busy- if not more.

This past weekend Chris and I finally moved from Augusta to Douglasville. Any free time that we had throughout the last week was spent packing boxes and let me tell ya: it is amazing the amount of "stuff" you can accumulate in such a small living space! Chris' parents drove to Augusta Friday afternoon with Justin and Adriane's dog, Piper, to help us move. We loaded most of the boxes into their van and all of our hang up clothes in Chris' 4-runner. That night a group of about 20 of us went to Vallarta's Mexican restaurant for dinner since that would be the last time most of Chris' classmates will be in Augusta until graduation. Saturday morning a group of friends came over to help us load the u-haul and it was a huge help. The house was empty within 50 minutes! Thank you all for you help!

It has been a bitter-sweet past few weeks but know that the things ahead are very exciting as well!

No comments: