12.23.2008

Holiday Fun

The past week has been busy and so much fun! Chris and I were in Destin with my family for a week and while there, we celebrated our first anniversary as well as Christmas with my family. The weather in Destin was warm, but unfortunately the fog was so bad we were only able to enjoy the beach twice (once in sweatshirts and the next in bathing suits!) We enjoyed being able to relax, eat and sleep all week long. Saturday morning we all left Destin and stayed at our house in Sharpsburg for the weekend. Saturday night we celebrated Christmas with my grandfather and his wife, Sunday morning was Christmas with my grandmother and Sunday night was Christmas with my mom's side of the family. All of the cousins from GA/FL were there as well as significant others. There were 23 total, I believe. It is always so much fun when all of us are able to get together- I'm afraid those times are going to be few and far between the older we get.



Christmas with my family


Christopher got a Wii from my parents!


Making our first gingerbread house ever



The entire family (minus Jessi- the photographer! and Nana, David and Papa) at Nana's Christmas Cantata



Family photo before opening gifts.


All the girls... I don't know what I would do without them!
My cousin Jessi and her sweet baby boy, Eliah

We were also able to see the Campbells and the Humbles for a short time while in PTC. We miss you guys so much!

We are now at Ed and Cheryl's in Douglasville and will be celebrating Christmas with their family on Christmas Eve and on Christmas morning the six of us and Piper (the puppy) will drive up to Baltimore, MD to spend the weekend with Chris' grandparents, Nanna and Poppop. His cousins will drive up from DC on Saturday. It's going to be a fun weekend!

Merry Christmas and we love you all!

No comments: