Friday, February 25th was a big day in the Ireland house for it was one year ago that Chris and I found out we were expecting a little miracle and that sweet little miracle also turned four months old. What a special day! The past year has been absolutely wonderful and we have been blessed in so many ways. We cannot believe that Avery is 4 months old already. She is such a joy and it is a blast watching her discover new things every day. We went to the Dr. this morning and here are her petite little stats:
Weight: 12 lbs 6 oz (25%)
Height: 24 1/2 in (50%)
Head Circ.: 39 cm or 15 1/4 in (5%)
During her appointment she had to take an oral vaccine and got two shots in her thigh. The oral vaccine came first and she wasn't too sure what to think about it, but she drank it! Next, came the dreaded shots. She was stuck in her left leg first and she didn't cry, but the second shot given in her right thigh burned her a bit and she let out a pretty loud wail. She only cried for about 10-15 seconds and as soon as I was able to pick her up she calmed down. She is a strong girl and I am proud of her for doing so well. She is now taking her nap in her swing so that I can keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't have any negative reactions to the vaccines. (It's more of a treat for me to be able to watch her sleep- she is so peaceful!)
Avery has grown by leaps and bounds over the last month and I have really noticed a lot of changes just in the last week. Below are things that Avery is doing at 4 months:
- Talking all of the time. Her new sound is "mmmmmm" with pursed lips- it's so cute!
- She is rolling from her tummy to her back and it's nearly impossible to have any tummy time these days.
- She watches her feet, but doesn't reach for them yet.
- Sleeping through the night (about 11.5 to 12 hours every night)
- As mentioned in the previous post- she is no longer sleeping in the swaddle
- She makes little spit bubbles all of the time
- Bath time is still lots of fun and she still cries when we take her out and dry her off. (Probably because she's cold, but I think it's because she was having fun and doesn't want to get out)
- Laughs out loud
- The changing table is one of her favorite places to be- she gets really talkative and laughs a lot. She wiggles all around and it makes changing her diaper quite the challenge, but we love to watch her move and explore. If we put her on the changing table when she is upset she immediately stops fussing and is as happy as can be!
- She reaches for everything; her toys, the T.V remote, our drinks, and is beginning to notice textures.
- She is not a thumb sucker, instead she loves to munch on her index finger!
- She loves her rattles and can pass them back and forth from hand to hand.
- Playing in her new activity chair
- In the last two or three weeks she has dropped from 4 naps down to 3 naps a day. Two 2 hour naps and one 45 min nap in the evening.
- Just in the past few days she has really started noticing Bailey. She will reach out and "pet" Bailey and smiles when she watches Bailey play.
- She is able to bear her weight on her legs, with support from mommy and daddy, of course.
- Practicing sitting with minimal support.
- Still nursing 5 times a day- not sure when we will start her on solids.
- Avery is wearing 3-6 month clothing- though she is almost too long for her 3 month clothing.
- She is squeezing into the last of her size 1 diapers and should be into size 2 by the middle of this week.