It's so hard to believe that 6.5 months ago Kinsley was not born yet! She is such a happy baby and has a smile that can light up a room. I am so blessed to be her mommy and find it bitter-sweet that she is growing up so fast.
Her 6 month appointment isn't until after the new year because of all of the holdiay events. However, she is full of life and always on the move....
- sitting up on her own!!! Of course, we have to be right by her to catch her when she topples over....
- is eating baby food! (already?!?!?) So far she has only tried squash and it took two feedings to get the hang of it, but now she will eat almost an entire container and it's only been 4 days!
- made it almost 6 months before getting sick.... and her first illness was a doozy. double ear infection. She handled it like a champ, though. She was extremely congested and I was more worried about her lungs and was surprised when the dr. said it was a double ear infection because not once did she pull on her ears or give me any reason to assume it was an ear infection!
- rolls all over the place
- can put her paci in her mouth
- met Santa Claus and really liked him
- has added a new sound to her vocabulary: with pursed lips she says "bbbbbbbbb"
- tried formula mixed with breast milk today (Dec. 27th) and didn't seem to notice a difference- she downed the entire bottle like she usually does!
- Nurses 4x a day and takes a 4-5 oz bottle immediately following the last 3 nursing sessions each day. I'm having a difficult time keeping my supply up with Kinsley and am even trying fenugreek, but it doesn't seem to be helping. So, I nurse then give her a bottle of frozen breast milk. This means that my frozen supply is quickly dwindling and will be gone within the next few weeks. :(
I introduced formula today since I will be supplementing soon, and she didn't seem to notice! She is the good eater I prayed for! :)
- naps two times a day and occassionally takes a short cat nap in the evenings, though this week she has been dropping the cat nap.
- wears 6 month clothing
- size 2 diapers
- Loves bath time... especially bath time with her big sister, Avery!
Mommy and Daddy love you, Kinsley Rae! Thank you for always bringing a smile to our face!