2.24.2013

K: 8 months

I'm finding it so hard to believe that our baby girl is 8 months old... we'll be planning her first birthday party before we know it! She is still my little baby and I'm clearly trying to keep her that way. I am not sure quite how to describe it, but it's a different feeling than I had with Avery. Not that either one is good or bad, it's just different. I guess since I have a two year old, my 8 month old just seems so much younger. I've had a tendency to always think Avery is ready for the next step or I have too high of expectations for her because I am learning and growing with her.... but I seem to do things slower with Kinsley and I don't have the same expectations for her as I did for Avery when she was 8  months old. It's a weird feeling and I'm sure I'm not conveying myself properly....


Anywho- Kinsley is 8 months old! She is the happiest baby and rarely cries. With the lack of crying comes the most adorable toothless grin. I could just eat her up! :)

- Speaking of toothless grins.... she got her first tooth on Feb 19th, just two days before her 8 month birthday and her second tooth came on the 23rd- two days after she turned 8 months. Needless to say, this has been a miserable week. She has been running a fever since Wednesday and therefore receives pain/fever reducer medication every 6-8 hours which she is not a fan of. Having 2 teeth come in at once  means she sleeps more, eats less and cries a lot and is full of drainage. I miss my happy little baby...... and feel so bad that I can't do much to help her.

- K loves to play with her big sister and my favorite thing to do is to watch Avery make Kinsley laugh. It truly warms my heart.

- Hasn't slept in a sleep sack in a few weeks!

- Always sleeps with two (or three) pacifiers in her crib and her pink giraffe from Aunt Amanda.

- Loves to sit in the bath tub like a big girl and gets so excited when we turn the water on to start bath time.... her little legs just kick kick kick in excitement

- reaches for EVERYTHING

- has tried cheerios, puffs and mum mums, but still hasn't quite mastered the task of feeding them to herself much.

- pulls on mine or Avery's hair constantly and gives the sweetest wet and slobbery kisses.

- wants to crawl so badly, but every time she tries to get on her hands and knees from a sitting position she face plants.

- spent her first night away from mommy when she was 7.5 months old and then her 2nd night away from mommy 2 nights after she turned 8 months old.... obviously it was much harder on me than her!

- was baptized on February 17th by Rev. Greg McKinnon... just a few days before her 8 month birthday.

- is squeezing into 6 month clothing. Most of her 9 month wardrobe consists of spring time apparell and I'm too cheap to by 9 month winter clothes that she will only be able to wear for another couple of weeks... even though she deperately needs to be in 9 month clothing.

- wears size 3 diapers


Mommy and Daddy love you so very much, Kinsley Rae. You are the happiest little girl and you bring so much joy into our lives. God has truly blessed us with two very special little girls and my heart is so full of love for them that words cannot express just how much they mean to me.


I will try to post pictures soon, but apparently I have run out of storage space on the blog and need to figure out how to fix that.....


No comments: