8.17.2010

excitement

I am getting so excited about baby girl A being here in 10 weeks (give or take) that I thought I would share my excitement with you. I know it's selfish, but it's pretty much all that I think about right now. I am so anxious to meet and hold her! I hear that the third trimester seems to creep by as you get closer to the due date and I'm hoping that's just not going to be the case. I still have a few more weeks of work left. Official last day is September 10!!! I'm definitely in the nesting phase but feel like I don't really get to "nest" due to work- by the time I get home I'm too exhausted to do anything. I will say that the nursery is starting to come together. My dad and I went shopping for a bookcase this past Saturday while Chris stayed home to finish stripping the paint off of the dresser. We found the perfect bookcase at Target (best store EVER!!) and am surprised at how well it matches the crib. I am anxious for the dresser to be finished so that I can begin to put away all of the beautiful clothes baby A has received from all of you. The room is in DESPERATE need of organization, but that will come in time. Our matress should be here tomorrow which means that I can FINALLY put the bedding on the crib... making the nursery just a little more complete.

Since this is my first pregnancy I am really curious how the whole birth story is going to play out. I find myself always wondering if baby girl will come early, late or on time. How long will I be in labor? Who will she look like? Will she have any hair on her head? (I'm guessing NO). These are just some of the questions I am constantly asking myself. I know that ten weeks isn't a long time, but to me, right now, it seems like an eternity! I am so excited to meet her and can't wait for October to be here.

I'll leave you with something that made me smile this week: Chris was talking to Baby A and feeling her move when he looked at me and said "I can't wait for her to be here". There is just something so sweet about seeing how excited he is about the arrival of our little girl. It makes me so happy to hear him make comments such as that. I know he is going to be a terrific father and the love he has for her will only multiply once he meets her.


1 comment:

The Sanders said...

I wondered those things too about Janna. Who she'd look like, eyes, hair. I was surprised when Janna came out with a full head of very dark hair. I don't know what I was expecting, but apparently not that! :) Baby A could have a head full of hair! Hope the next 10 weeks don't drag by too slowly.