12.10.2010

Baby weigh day

The family birth place has a baby weigh day on the second Wednesday of every month. I decided to take Avery this past Wednesday and am happy to announce that she weighed in at
9 lbs 4.3 oz!! She has gained 2 pounds in her 6 weeks of life. It was such a great reassurance for me that she is indeed getting enough to eat. Over the past few weeks several of you have asked how breastfeeding is going. This might be a little TMI, so I won't be offended if you don't finish reading this post. :) Things are definitely getting better. We have our good days and our bad, but we are working through it and I'm so thankful that I am able to provide for my daughter in such a special way. She still prefers to nurse from one side only during a feeding, but I've really been working with her and maybe twice a day she will latch on to both sides during one feeding. Chris has been giving her a bottle once every other day and we are slowly increasing the number of bottles she will take. It's a great time for Chris to bond with her and again, it's a nice break for mommy. Thank you to all of you who have encouraged me through the difficult times of nursing and for your prayers. Praise the Lord for the improvements!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments: