5.25.2010

Quarter of a century old!

On May 12th, I turned the big 2-5. Although I do not feel any different, it is kind of weird to think that I am now a quarter of a century old. Crazy!! This year I felt overwhelming blessed by my family and friends. The week started with my first Mother's Day on Sunday and continued with a surprise birthday breakfast from my sweet friend Janie on Tuesday. My birthday was on Wednesday and the girls at the PT clinic (one of the places I work) had a huge balloon, a card and a delicious red velvet cake for me. They are so thoughtful! I also received the most beautiful flowers from my AMAZING husband. It was so fun getting flowers at work! That night Chris took me to Chili's since I have been CRAVING their skillet queso and chocolate molten cake. The birthday celebration continued on into Thursday when my parents took Chris, Amanda, my cousin Ansley (expecting her first child- a girl!!- just 5 weeks before our little one is due to arrive!) and her husband Tyler and me to Tommy Bahama's restaurant. It was delicious! Chris and I spent the weekend with his parents in Douglasville and on Saturday my sweet mother-in-law Cheryl took me shopping for maternity clothes. I am officially in that awkward stage where my "normal" clothes don't fit and yet maternity clothes don't quite fit either. It's kind of annoying. Saturday night we went to a wedding and had a great time catching up with old friends from Chris' childhood. The bride was absolutely gorgeous and I loved her choice of bridesmaids dresses. (Sorry, no pictures of the bride or wedding party). The following Thursday my parents, sister, Chris and I went to Osaka's... an amazing Japanese restaurant where they cook in front of you. This really was such a wonderful birthday.

These are the beautiful flowers Chris had delivered to me at work and the balloon is from my co-workers


Baby bump at 16 weeks and 2 days on my birthday


Chris and me at the wedding in my first maternity dress!

No comments: