7.21.2010

Pregnancy update

Here's whats been going on with the belly and the nursery lately:

The belly at 23 weeks 2 days



Last night Christopher and I put the crib together! Well, Chris did most of it, I just handed him screw or two and took pictures. :) It took 30... maybe 45 minutes to assemble and let me tell ya-- it's beautiful!

It's finally out of the box!


Bailey was lying somewhere near the crib the entire time Chris was assembling it. Seriously, it was so precious.... it's like she knows that she will be protecting that area in the future! :)

The finished product!! Isn't it beautiful? (my hubby and pup sure do look proud of their work!)


Told you she loved to be next to the crib...

We don't have a mattress yet but Chris couldn't wait to get the bedding out-- so here is the crib with the bedskirt.
Currently, the crib is sitting caddy cornered in the room. I like it there, but not sure how it will look once we get the rest of the furniture in there. I am just so excited to finally have the crib out of the box and put together. It's all coming together!! :)

This morning we took another belly picture... here I am at 26 weeks and 2 days.



I have really been feeling great these past few weeks. I am still able to run (on a treadmill considering it's in the upper 90's now) but some days it's pretty uncomfortable because baby A will get real low and put a lot of pressure on my lower abdomen- so on those days I will get on the elliptical. Though I have been exercising throughout my pregnancy one thing I did quit doing was abdominal strengthening. Literally, I haven't done a sit-up or crunches since I was about 12 weeks pregnant. I didn't think it was ok to do those and I feared I was squishing the baby. Silly, I know. So, when my personal physical therapist (AKA: my sweet husband) found out that I was not strengthening the muscles that will be used MOST during labor and delivery he quickly put me on a strict muscle strengthening regime. I hate it, but I know he is right- it will benefit me in the long run.

Like I said before, I have been feeling really great lately. However, week 26 seems to have brought on a new level of exhaustion with it. I can't figure out why, but I have been so incredibly tired this week. I'm afraid it will only get worse the closer I get to the end of the pregnancy. Speaking of which, I'm almost in my third trimester! I cannot believe it!!! We are so excited to meet our little girl in just 14 weeks, give or take a few!

Other things happening with the pregnancy?
1. My face has been in a constant state of "break outs" since day one.
2. My belly button is getting flatter and flatter by the day.
3. I'm definitely starting to get the dark line down the middle of my lower abdomen. (It's technical term is "Linea Nigra")
4. I am LOVING the snoogle Chris got me for mother's day. The added belly support it gives me during the night is much needed.

Next OB appointment is Friday July 30... it's a big one. I'll be getting tested for gestational diabetes and receiving a shot due to my negative blood time. Please pray that all tests come back negative for gestational diabetes!


5 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm so proud of you for continuing to work out during your pregnancy! I'm interested to see if you can make it the whole way still exercising. Yeah, the elliptical is the perfect thing to switch to once you don't feel comfortable on the treadmill. I didn't do abs last pregnancy....I wish I would have. I guess b/c they say you can't lay on your back and exercise. But, you can do planks I guess and maybe some of the ab machines at the gym and also maybe abs where you are laying with a tilted back?! Keep it up even when older people tell you it's bad to exercise during pregnancy! Your little one will be better for it!!! :)

Kimberly and Jordan said...

The crib is gorgeous and Bailey is so sweet. She'll be a good sister;)

Janna said...

Gabrielle Reese (the professional volleyball player) has an awesome pregnancy workout dvd that has lots of abdominal exercises that are safe during pregnancy. The workouts are based on what trimester you're in so it adjusts to how big your belly is :) I really liked it.

N Muchnick said...

i love the crib!!! it's beautiful!! can't wait to see it all come together and for Baby A to get here!

marc and trisha said...

Abby,

You look great!!! I can't believe that you are 26 weeks! I totally wish I would have been better about doing ab stuff while pregnant.

I'm so excited for you and Chris. Little girls are so fun!