1.01.2011

5 Generations

I am incredibly blessed to still have both of my paternal Great-Grandparents in my life. Mamaw and Granddaddy Archer both turned 94 in December 2010 and have been married for at least 75 years. When Chris and I found out we were expecting we were thrilled to think about our child meeting her Great-Great Grandparents and God blessed us with that opportunity on December 19, 2010. It was such a special time for our family. Granddaddy was put into a nursing home this past year, so we all gathered in his room and introduced he and Mamaw to Avery. Sadly, Avery and Granddaddy didn't understand what was going on, but we look forward to sharing this with Avery in the future. She will one day understand just how special this was and I cannot wait for that day. Avery was 7 weeks and 6 days old- just a week shy of being two months.

{Uncle Danny meeting/holding Avery for the first time}
{Uncle Danny and PawPaw introducing Avery and Granddaddy}
{5 GENERATIONS- WOW!}
(Mamaw and Granddaddy Archer, PawPaw, Dad, Me and Avery)

{The Archer's/Ireland's: Mamaw, Granddaddy, Pawpaw, Uncle Danny, Dad, me and Avery}



{Avery with her Great- Great Grandparents...priceless}

{Aunt Leigh meeting Avery for the first time}
{MawMaw, Avery and me}
{Uncle Danny and me playing with Avery!}
{PawPaw and his girls}
{Amanda and me with our Great-Grandparents}

2 comments:

The Sanders said...

That's so very cool!

Amanda Archer said...

LOVE THESE! Such a special time! I need to get these pictures from you! God is so good to bless us with this long generation.