5.11.2011

6.5 months

Yes, I blogged two weeks ago about all of the things Avery was doing at 6 months, but she is growing and changing every day and I don't want to forget the new things she is learning at 6.5 months!

--May 7th- rolled from her back to her tummy! She has been working on this for months now and she finally figured out how to do it! This is how I found her when I went to wake her up Saturday morning....

Two days went by before she rolled herself over again and it happened during one of her nap times. She would roll onto her belly and try to roll herself back onto her back but would only roll towards the bumper, causing her to get really frustrated. She would cry, I would roll her back onto her back and five minutes later she was back on her tummy crying. This went on for 20 minutes.... I was so worried that this week would be miserable trying to let her CIO (cry it out) and get used to sleeping on her belly. Thankfully, our 20 minute "game" only lasted for those 20 minutes! She hasn't given us any troubles at all!

Apparently she LOVES to sleep on her tummy now!

--Now that she can roll over to her tummy she can find her paci while in her crib and put it in her mouth
--She is really doing great with sitting up on her own and rarely topples over anymore
--She can reach and play with the mobile on her swing
--She is making new sounds and I know she is working on forming a word... maybe "mama"??? hehe.
--Most of her solids end up in her mouth rather than all over her mouth. She is getting the hang of eating!
--May 8th- her first time sitting in a high chair at a restaurant! (Picture to come!)
--Avery is still nursing!!! I seriously cannot believe that I've made it 6.5 months! Way to go us! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congrats on making it 6.5 months! That's a huge accomplishment! Avery is looking SO adorable. I loved that age.